Thank you so much to Regina and Jesica for nominating me! The Liebster Blog award is meant to honor up-and-coming blogs with smaller followings that you really like. I'm excited to be a part of it to share my story and to nominate other bloggers you should check out (including the above ladies who nominated me.)
The Liebster Blog award asks the blogger to do the following:
1. Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Write 11 questions for the blogs you nominate.
I've actually done something similar to this back in February, so I'll try to add different facts and questions this time. Besides, a lot has happened since February.
Here we go, 11 random facts.
1. I have a new(ish) kitten that we adopted at the end of June. She's so adorable, soft, sweet and playful. I love cats! Of course, I love my older kitty too and they have become friends.
2. I lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan, for 7 years and still own a condo there. I miss living in Michigan sometimes even though my current situation is fabulous.
3. I work for Google as a Program Manager, managing projects for our Shopping Product and Eng teams.
4. I was selected to be a member of Oiselle Team in June, and I am thrilled to be a part of it. The ladies are amazing, supportive, and well-dressed (of course.)
5. This year's San Francisco 1st Half Marathon is the first half I've ever repeated. It was my very first half ever in 2009.
6. In addition to running, I love skiing and sand volleyball.
7. My husband and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary this past Tuesday. I made a cake that tastes good but looks terrible. Perhaps my biggest baking fail ever.
8. I drink my coffee black.
9. I ran 100m and 300m hurdles in junior high, and I still have cinders from our track in my knee to show for it. On the bright side, my HS recently put in a nice new track for the students.
10. I'm often told my eyes are two colors. One is blue, the other has an orange-ish copper tint.
11. I fly a lot, but I always get really nervous. I tend to tear up if there is significant 'rough air.'
Answers to 11 questions - I took some from each nomination.
1. Why did you start blogging? I sometimes take photos for three fashion blogger friends, and I became interested in the blog world. I started writing to keep track of my training because it was fun, and then I found a whole world of inspirational bloggers to follow!
2. Finish this sentence: I run because ____. I run because I love it. It makes me feel good, takes away stress, and gives me time to feel free.
3. What is your favorite race distance? Half marathon, hands down!
4. What running accomplishment are you most proud of? Finishing my second marathon much faster than my first one (37 minute PR from 5:48 to 5:11.) I want to do even better, but I was happy with that for now.
5. Name one thing on your running bucket list. Hood to Coast Relay.
6. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start running or who thinks they can't do it? Start slow with alternating walk/run and build from there. It worked for me and gave me confidence.
7. What is your favorite pre-race meal? Whole-wheat penne with turkey meatballs, or pizza.
8. What running gear do you never run without? Now that I live in California - sunglasses!
9. What keeps you hydrated and fueled best on long runs? I carry Nuun in my water bottle and Clif Shot blocks in orange or fruit punch for food.
10. What do you think about when you are running? Everything and nothing, depends on the day. I run without music and just enjoy nature.
11. What has been your favorite race of all time? I have to pick two here so far - Flying Pig in Cincinnati and the Pittsburgh Marathon. I ran the half for both, but the overall events were just great.
My 11 questions to other bloggers.
1. What is your favorite race?
2. What is your least favorite race?
3. Do you have pets, and if so what kind?
4. Where did you go to school?
5. What is your favorite long run fuel?
6. Name one thing on your running bucket list.
7. If you could vacation anywhere for a week, where would you go?
8. Coffee, tea, or none of the above?
9. What sparked your commitment to healthy living and fitness?
10. What hobbies do you have outside of running & fitness?
11. Why did you start blogging?
And last, bloggers I'm tagging to carry on the award.
1. Born and Raced in Chicago
2. Buttoning my Jeans
3. Life, Fitness, and Me!
4. Running Kellometers
5. Ryan Getting Fit
6. Dance Lift Run
8. Leaps of Faith
9. Run Brit, Run!
10. Decade Three
11. The Melissa Chronicles
Have a great Saturday everyone - I'll be back soon with weekend adventures.