Tomorrow is the last day of 2012, so it's time for the 'how did I do on goals' post. Overall, I did ok, but I didn't hit them all. Sometimes that happens for one reason or another, and I'm really ok with it. 2013 goals will be coming soon!
Running & Fitness
1. Complete a sprint triathlon: Nope. After a biking knee injury and just not enjoying myself on the road bike, I decided this one isn't for me (at least right now.) I won't be revisiting this goal in 2013 because my thoughts on triathlons have changed, and I'm good with that decision. More on this goal in my halfway to goals post.
2. Complete my second marathon: Done! And I even added a third, woot woot. My true Seattle RnR goal was to hit a sub-5 hour marathon, and when I didn't do it (5:11) I knew I had to go again in 2012. There were lots of doubts between those two marathons, but California International Marathon turned out to be my day and I blew my sub-5 goal out of the water with 4:43:59. Super glad I stuck with it.
3. Get back into strength training: Done! My strength training routine might not be as awesome as it was with my class in Ann Arbor, but I've done a great job of getting back to it this year. I'm using a combination of classes with the Integrate Performance Fitness group, my own workouts, and group fitness at work to make it happen. I discovered BodyPump and Barre class, and I intend to stick with those for now.
1. Learn to eat bananas: Nope. I don't know what it is about bananas, but I seriously can't eat them alone. I had some in smoothies, can that count a little?
2. Find new healthy recipes: Done! Thanks mostly to Pinterest, I found quite a few new recipes and worked them into my cooking repertoire this year. So much fun!
1. Pick up the phone (for friends and family): Sort of done. I did better sometimes, not so much at other times. I should still work on this one because it's so important. I'm not sure why I don't like talking on the phone, but it is what it is. But email me? Good to go.